Jun 13, 2012

No Bake Chocolate Oatmeal Cookies



When it's too hot to bake and I'm craving a chocolate treat these are what I make.  I love these chewy not too sweet chocolate cookies.  I've tried other no bake cookies but this is my family's favorite.  Maybe because there's no peanut butter in these.  My husband doesn't like peanut butter desserts but likes peanut butter sandwiches, go figure.

1 cube margarine
1/2 cup milk
3 tablespoons baking cocoa
2/3 cup sugar
2 teaspoon vanilla
3 cups oatmeal

Melt margarine in medium saucepan. Add milk, sugar and cocoa. Bring to a boil.  Boil for 3 minutes, stirring often so it will not burn.

Take off burner and add vanilla and oatmeal. Spoon onto cookie sheet and refrigerate.  I like to use
a 2 tablespoon scoop to make them all the same size and to save time.

Printer Friendly

ANN

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

  © Blogger template Coozie by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008 Customized and Installed by Custom Blog Designs

Back to TOP